3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1 carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 onion, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
1/2-1 cup of Frank's Red Hot
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon of celery leaves (optional)
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
3/4 cup of bread crumbs
1 15 oz can of rinsed chick peas
2 tablespoons of low fat ranch
Salt and pepper, to taste
Serving Size- makes about 6-7 patties (depending on how big/small you make them)
Approx time to make- 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Start by making your quinoa. Follow package instructions and then set aside to cool.
- Then, take out a saute pan, and add a teaspoon of olive oil. Bring the pan up to a medium heat, then add the carrot, celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Then, add in a 1/4 cup of Frank's Red Hot (this can be entirely up to you how much you want to add). Mix around and then set aside with the quinoa to cool.
- Once the quinoa and carrot mixture have cooled, add them to a food processor along with the garlic, egg, celery leaves, parsley, bread crumbs, chick peas, ranch, plus 1/4 cup or so and salt and pepper. Pulse until completely incorporated. Taste and adjust accordingly. If you want it to be spicier, add more hot sauce, if you think it's too spicy, add more ranch, and so on.
- Form the mixture into patties and then add to a greased sheet pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and you have a nice crust.
- To serve, add a slice of tomato, lettuce, and more hot sauce/ranch to the burger bun and enjoy!