1 lb of yukon gold potatoes
1- 1.5 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
Serving size- 3
- Take out a large pot and add the potatoes in. Cover the potatoes with cold water (about 2 inches over the potatoes), and add a pinch of salt. Bring the pot up to a boil and then cook the potatoes until softened, or until you can prick them with a fork easily, about 15-20 minutes. Once the potatoes have cooked, remove from the water and let cool. Keep the water boiling.
- Once they've cooled, remove the skins and add to a bowl. Mash the potatoes up until there are little to no lumps. Separately, whisk 1 egg together and then add to the potatoes. Next, add the flour and salt to the potato/egg mixture and mix until it forms a sticky dough.
- Sprinkle flour down on the counter and place the gnocchi on top. Sprinkle a little more flour on top of the dough and then start kneading the dough until the flour is completely incorporated and you have a smooth dough. Don't over mix or you'll have dense gnocchi. Once the dough is ready, cut the dough in half (cover the half with a kitchen towel so it doesn't dry out) and roll it out until it looks like a rope and then cut into small 3/4-1 inch pieces. Repeat with the second half of the dough
- Now it's time to cook the gnocchi! Add more salt to the boiling water (that you boiled the potatoes in) and carefully drop in half the gnocchi. Once the gnocchi floats to the top- it's done!
- Add the gnocchi to your favorite sauce and enjoy!