1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
Avocado oil (or vegetable/canola oil)
Package of wonton wrappers (you'll need about 12)
1 avocado, diced
1 mango, peeled and diced
1 cup or so of arugula, chopped
1 cup of sour cream
1 teaspoon of sriracha
Salt and pepper to taste
Serving Size- makes about 12, easily doubled if you use less filling
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Then, marinate your shrimp. Add the shrimp to a bowl and add the chili powder, garlic powder, juice of 1 lime, and a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Mix and put in the fridge.
- Next, make your wonton "tacos". Brush the avocado oil (with a pastry brush) on both sides of the wrappers and then gently push the wontons into the muffin tins so it forms a little cup. Bake for about 5-6 minutes, keeping a close eye on them because they burn easily. Once they are browned, take them out and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Then gently remove them from the muffin tins. They'll look like cups. Set aside and cool for another 10 minutes or so.
- Then, take out a saute pan and cook your shrimp for a couple minutes on each side on medium to high heat. Once they are done, remove from the pan and chop into small pieces.
- While the shrimp is cooking, prep your other ingredients. Dice the avocado and mango and add to a bowl. Squeeze the juice and zest of 1 lime (2 limes if the first isn't that juicy), plus a little salt and pepper and mix, then set aside. Taste for seasonings. Then, add the sour cream to a small bowl and add sriracha plus a pinch of salt and pepper and mix. Taste for seasonings.
- To assemble, add the shrimp to the wonton taco first. Then add a little avocado & mango mixture, plus arugula, and finish with a dollop of your sour cream mixture. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!