1 sourdough boule (or ciabiatta bread)
16 ounces of pancetta (diced small, or you can buy pre-diced pancetta, packaged)
1 stick of butter, unsalted
1 large onion, or 2 medium/small onions, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon of salt
1/2 tablespoon of pepper
1 cup of Parmesan cheese
2 cups of low sodium chicken stock
Serving Size- 8-10
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Cut up your bread into small cubes. Place them onto a baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes. Take your bread cubes out of the oven and then raise the heat of the oven to 350. Put the bread cubes into a big bowl.
3. Next, saute your pancetta in a large pan for about 5 minutes, or until nice and crispy. Remove the pancetta with a slotted spoon, but leave the fat in the pan. Add your butter to the same pan and add your onion, carrot and celery and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Season with salt. Then, add in your garlic, thyme, rosemary, parsley, crushed red pepper, and salt and pepper. Cook for an additional minute or so.
4. Add the onion, carrot and celery mixture to your bowl with the bread cubes and add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese to your mixture and combine everything.
5. Add chicken stock to your bread mixture and combine. Check for moisture. If you like your stuffing a little more wet, add in an additional 1/2 cup of stock. If you like a dryer, more crispy stuffing, only add in a cup. Either way it'll be delicious.
6. Top your stuffing with remaining Parmesan cheese and bake covered with tin foil, for 35-40 minutes, and then remove foil and broil for 5 minutes or so or until the top is nice and crispy!