2 cups of fresh parsley
3 cups of basil
1 bunch of green onions
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 tablespoons of cashews
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
About 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil (drizzle in slowly until the consistency you like)
1.5-2 cups of chopped heirloom tomatoes, about 5-6 small tomatoes
2 tablespoons minced red onion (about a quarter of a large onion)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper *optional*
1 lb of shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
1 lb of your favorite pasta, I used Fusilli Bucati and it was fabulous! Highly recommend.
Salt and pepper to taste
Serving size- 4
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt generously. Cook your pasta according to package instructions. Save 1 cup of pasta water and set aside. (Add the pasta in when you cook the shrimp)
- Make your pesto. Take out a food processor and add the parsley (stems on or off, up to you, but I removed from stems), basil, 1/2 cup of green onion, 2 cloves of garlic, pine nuts, cashews, parmesan cheese, and juice and zest of 1 lemon. Pulse together a couple a couple times and then slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Start with 1/2 cup, check the consistency, and add more per your palate. Season with salt and pepper, taste and then set aside.
- Next, make your quick bruschetta. Chop up the heirloom tomatoes and add them to a bowl. I like mine on the smaller size, but your choice. Then, add in 1 clove of minced garlic, red onion, 1 tablespoon of chopped green onion, juice and zest of 1 lemon, crushed red pepper, and salt and pepper. Mix, taste for seasonings, and set aside.
- Next, season your shrimp with 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, and garlic powder (or more or less to your taste), plus the zest of 1 lemon. Can you tell I love lemon yet? Then, take out a saute pan and add a little olive oil and bring the pan up to a high heat. Cook your shrimp a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Now, it's time to add everything together! Once your pasta has been cooked, add it to a large mixing bowl along with 1/2 cup of your pesto (to start), 1 cup of your bruschetta (to start), the shrimp, couple tablespoons of your pasta water and combine. This next part is completely up to you. Add more of your pesto/bruschetta/pasta water to your liking! Taste it here and adjust accordingly. Garnish with lemon zest (or not if you think this is too much at this point, but I think there is no such thing), chopped green onion, & bruschetta! Enjoy folks!