2 chicken breasts
2 cups fresh spinach
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
2-3 tablespoons shredded low sodium mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Fresh basil & thyme, roughly chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Serving size- 2
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Take out a small saute pan, and add in one teaspoon of olive oil. Bring to a medium heat and then add in the spinach, garlic, a pinch of salt, pepper, and paprika and cook down. This will not take long, probably 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan, set aside, and allow to cool.
- Next, make the filling. Add the Greek yogurt, mozzarella, Parmesan, lemon juice, the spinach mixture, and teaspoon or so of fresh basil and thyme. Season with a pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Combine and taste for seasonings.
- Next, season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, and garlic powder (between the two breasts). Then with a sharp knife, carefully cut a pocket into the side of the chicken so it forms a small hole. Make sure not to cut all the way through the chicken because you don't want the stuffing falling out! Stuff the chicken liberally with your filling, putting half in one piece and half in the other.
- In a cast iron skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bring this to a high heat. Sear each side of the chicken for about 1 minute or so, or until you have a golden, brown crust. Then put the skillet in the oven and finish the cooking process for about 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!