1 lb cubed and peeled butternut squash (I always use the pre-cubed and peeled from the grocery store)
1 head cauliflower, florets removed
Extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh sage, roughly chopped
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
3-4 tablespoons Dijon mustard (or any mustard you like)
3 teaspoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 clove minced garlic (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
4 chicken thighs
Salt and pepper, to taste
Serving size- 4
Approximate time to make- 1 hour
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Add the cubed butternut squash to a bowl. Then, remove the florets from the head of cauliflower and add to same bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon of sage and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and toss. Set aside.
3. Next,take out a large mixing bowl and add the Dijon mustard, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon sage and rosemary, and 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Whisk and taste for seasoning. Then, add the chicken to bowl and combine until chicken is completely covered in the marinade. Marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Now it’s time to assemble the sheet pan. Add the chicken, skin side up, to one side of the pan, then add the squash and cauliflower to the other. Make sure the vegetables are not overlapping. If you don’t have a big enough sheet pan to accommodate all ingredients, use two small ones (one for the chicken and one for the vegetables). I like to season everything with more salt and pepper before roasting, but that step is optional. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for at least 5 minutes.
5. To serve, add the chicken, squash and cauliflower to your favorite plate and garnish with sage and rosemary!