1 spaghetti squash
Extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
1 12oz jar of roasted red peppers
1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used oat)
Crushed red pepper
Optional- Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper, to taste
Serving Size- 3
Approximate time to make- 45 minutes
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. Cut your spaghetti squash in half length-wise, remove the seeds, and season with salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Then roast on a baking sheet for 40 min flesh side down.
3. Next, sauté your shallots and garlic in extra virgin olive for about 4-5 minutes, adding the garlic in the last minute of cooking. Season with salt and pepper. Once the shallots and garlic have softened add to a blender, along with the jar of roasted red peppers and oat milk and blend until smooth. Then, pour your mixture into the same sauté pan you cooked the shallot and garlic and bring to a medium heat. Add a pinch of crushed red pepper, plus 1 tablespoon of chopped basil and parsley and keep warm.
4. Once the squash has been roasting for 45 minutes, remove from the oven, flip the squash over and with two forks shred the inside of the squash until it form spaghetti strands.
5. To serve, add the spaghetti squash to a bowl and pour your red pepper sauce on top! Garnish with Parmesan cheese and more fresh basil and parsley and enjoy!